Monday, May 12, 2008

Incubus "Hats off and applause to Rogues and Evolution!"




Incubus-favorite band and again started with a sticker, this time with a smarter thought and the video "drive" appeared to me definitely an original shit and the singer looked hot. I remember that I have been to a play and discussing with the girls that Brandon is the most typical stereotype guy that almost every girl will want to assess.

This talk was exact 3 months before the actual attendance to the concert. Well enough about the stickers and my childish dreams. The concert took part in Salt Lake City at the USANA amphitheatre. There’s a whole different story about how I got the tickets. Working to a stupid and boring ride and talking about the bands with my supervisor Ian and right away he told me that he heard on the radio-station that in the week-ends it gives some tickets with lower prices. Deal and done, telling him to cover my ass for the next day, staying in line and waiting for that stupid shop-assistant, buying 3 tickets ( finally GOT TICKETS! Hurray! For only 12 bugs. Before going to the concert, me and my friend were tremendously excited and we expected that day more than ever! Finally… we went to Lagoon Park where the supervisor worked and she could manage to give us a ride up there! We were on road for 3 bloody hours! I was all sweaty because for some seconds I was entering in panic and frightened that I will miss it. Well we found the place,got the seats…seats-SHIT!! They were kinda far from the stage. When was to Fall Out Boy’s concert I was in the front and now here I am just way too FAAAR. Thinking and thinking and not giving a damn about the cups , jumping 3 fences and finally we were in the front. At the last fence the cup saw me and then the guys over there (don’t even know them) they just screamed to him that I am with them and basically saving us. There’s a saying- "In Utah never rains" but for this open-air concert it was a terrible storm and just before incubus could hit the stage,the rain just stopped and above the sky appeared a beautiful rainbow and here it is-SHOWTIME. They opened the show with the song "A kiss to Send us OFF". At the first guitar notes I almost faded and almost began to cry thinking-THIS IS IT! The Damn thing that I almost waited for all my half rebel childhood, following some songs from the albums “ A crow left of the Murder” and “Morning View including my favorite songs “Megalomaniac”,“Drive” 11. a.m etc etc Most of the songs were focused on their last album “Light grenades” and the most marvelous performance was Punch-Drunk, Anna-Molly and Love Hurts. “Tonight we drink to youth and holding fast to truth” …and the last song which gave more mature and less punky fever was Aqueous Transmission. It was a beautiful performance that lasted for about 9 minutes making ourselves lost in a trip as from the magic mushrooms. If our last experience with the American rock music was more punk and jumping around, incubus was more mature getting myself basically stoned to each lyric and voice performed by Brandon…Also this concert was just the beginning of true and beautiful friendships with some great American people who received us and were eager to show us the crazy part of Utah and hardcore parties.

No comments: