Thursday, April 3, 2008

Stickers or just diggin the American Dream- Pt 1


My life is like a wall, a wonder wall full of stickers and tags from which arrive the great ideas and things. It’s started with a sticker and ended when my mom shouted why I am not going to USA like everybody else! I hated the phrase “everybody else” it sounded so…like joining to a herd of cows. To avoid this idea I chose the most bizarre and weirdest location ever: UTAH!

Utah-the holy land of Mormons (78-80% of the population) and here the alcohol drinks consist not more than 3,4 grades which means that you need to drink at least 5 cans of beer, you pee a lot and still not having any state of anxiety or insobriety. There are even dozen of websites warning people not to go to UTAH and I will post some of the craziest quotes that I most admired and laughed about. “ Go there only if you are a kind of person that goes out and buys every new album they hear on the radio, and stands in line to see the Titanic. “The schools here suck. I went to Woods Cross High-School. The teachers were Nazis, the classes sucked and our principal was an asshole that made our school bankrupt. Every cut the school had was dumped into our sports team. “148,118 people live in Utah and regret it honestly.” After these facts and hilarious posts I raised lots of questions and doubts until my friend told me with a low tone but still very convincing that where’s hierarchy, strict rules there are rebellious and lots of PUNKS and until he finished his speech I realized that there’s no other place to see than UTAH. So here we go me and my 2 friends are in the airplane on the way to UTAH and the entire trip seemed nice and smooth though I hate planes and the word “turbulence”. Arriving in the night in Utah and more precisely in Ogden(some km away from Salt lake City) we couldn’t feel any joy or eager to dig this American dream. My room felt hunted and the 2-metre beds looked scary and not at all nice. It was most like “What the fuck?! “ Next morning I woke up from the noise of the army planes above our building and soon afterwards I realized that in the huge campus were only us and a couple of Bulgarians who were workaholics so we didn’t have any chance to talk to them. That day was like the continuity of the shock, cultural shock or more like where the fuck is everybody else?! Because it seemed so creepy that I ran in complete panic to find any internet place in order to get info about the location I was in ,and doing my research I saw an e-mail from a good friend of mine writing me with joy of how amazing was Florida: fun , sunny times and just living in a great hotel room. Well, at that time she posted me the basic things that I missed in this unknown land. After some weeks our 3-floors campus was easily fulfilled with people all around the Globe, mostly from Eastern Europe. Parties were too many and the craziness was everywhere. Columbians were popular with the tequila and salsa thing, their salsa parties were absolutely mad because they could dance till 9 a.m, Bulgarians with their chalga music which they also called-Pop folk music ,simply saying Romanian MANELE!, Moldavians with their Russian curses and the wine, Czech …I loved the Czech! Besides that they were all cute and hotties they even brought tons of good beer Budweiser. Russians…Russians were passive except for some Russian girls in rest it was something like DOM-2 but only spicier and noisier. Besides of the everyday warnings from the cops and the dorms we were finally ALIVE, our campus felt like home even if our 2-metre beds still looked spooky and hard to climb.

2 comments:

ana simon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ana simon said...

gosh.. what to say...
Montana University is waiting for me in August, hope to have some feelings like those described in the end of the post :))

draw some more scripts on the experience you've had... it captivates in a way...